What is Pilates?
Pilates is a mind-body exercise developed by Joseph Pilates (1883-1967). It is an exercise regime performed on the mat and on specialized equipment to improve strength and flexibility. Today Pilates is practiced worldwide and has been recommended by medical professionals as a safe and effective form of exercise to improve posture, eliminating common back, shoulder and neck pains as well as reducing stress and promoting well-being.
Can anyone do Pilates?
Pilates exercises are generally safe and unless directed by doctor due to illness or injury, it can be performed by anyone. The exercises are done in a controlled manner under the guidance of a teacher making it accessible for any age and fitness level. There are specific classes for beginners and advance clients. Being low impact, it is also particularly suitable for pre and post–natal women.
How do we conduct our class?
Under the guidance of a Pilates teacher Pilates exercises aim to create precise and controlled yet flowing and elegant movements.
New clients to our studio will undergo a trial session whereby our physiotherapists and movement specialists will assess your posture and movement through a series of exercises. Our unique Discovery Pilates program has consistently produced significant results in terms of how clients feel and look, leaving them feeling lighter, longer, leaner and happier in only 30 minutes. A full session is 55 mins. Please contact us to enjoy a discounted first time trial session.
Entry to group classes is not automatic and is only upon successful completion of the trial session and Discovery signature Private 4 session or Duet 5 sessions.
How are your instructors trained?
Apart from our own Discovery Pilates program, our instructors are also trained through Balanced Body, a world renowned international Pilates training organisation.
We believe that a good teacher is a knowledgeable one hence we continue to invest in courses and seminars annually, to keep abreast with latest knowledge in human biomechanics.
What are your rates?
As the saying goes “health is wealth”, so we would like you to think of your private and group packages as an investment in your health. By keeping a strong body and a healthy mind, Pilates will help you keep doctors and medical bills at bay.
At Discovery Pilates Studio we believe in fair and affordable prices so that everyone may enjoy and benefit from Pilates. We are one of the few in town that offer the most competitive rates with multiple options for you to choose from. Our prices range from RM50 to RM140 depending on the different packages.
What do I wear?
We recommend that your wear comfortable clothing which are not too baggy. We need to see your body so that we may check you form and alignment. Socks are required for all classes for hygiene purpose.
How often should I do Pilates?
We recommend at least twice a week; three times a week is optimal. The great thing about Pilates is that it can be done every day in different formats. The frequency and consistency of Pilates several times a week will help you learn the technique and rhythm faster and more effectively.
Can I lose weight by doing Pilates?
Pilates forms the right foundation for dynamic activities needed for weight loss. After bringing your body to a more optimal level through our 'healing and restoring' phase we strive to push your limits through our 'discover and fulfill your potential' phase. We have a variety of exercises and equipment to challenge you and keep your workout new and refreshing. You shall feel refreshed yet challenged at the end of the session!
What are your operating hours?
We are open everyday.
7AM - 1PM (Last appointment 12PM)
1PM - 5PM (CLOSED)
5PM - 9PM (Last appointment 8PM)
Fri - Sun
7AM–4PM (Last appointment 3PM)
1PM - 2PM (CLOSED)
Strictly by appointments only.
What is the difference between Yoga and Pilates?
Pilates and Yoga share many similarities. Our studio is an equipment-based Pilates studio, thus the main difference you will feel is how these wonderful machines will support and enhance your movement.
1. Upon entry shoes are to be left outside. Shoes are not allowed in the rooms.
2. Children below the age of twelve (12) are not allowed in the private or group Pilates studio, except as clients participating in the exercise program.
3. Kindly leave your belongings in the lockers and keep the key in the designated storage space. Discovery Pilates & Physiotherapy Centre will not be held liable for any loss or damage.
4. Mobile phones are not allowed in the studio. They must be kept on silent and left in the locker.
5. Discovery Pilates & Physiotherapy Centre will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination (verbal, physical, sexual, race, gender, national origin, etc). We reserve the right to terminate clients whose behaviour affect the harmony of the centre.
1. All sessions are strictly by appointment only. To book your session please WhatsApp us at 012 5480284 during our stated operating hours. To avoid miscommunication please keep ONE channel of communication only.
2. It is compulsory for all New Clients to attend trial session, followed by a completion of our Signature Starter Program. Entry to group class is subject to approval of the instructor.
3. Sessions must be payable in advance.
4. Classes are 55 mins. Should you have any questions regarding your condition(s) or exercises, please do so before the end of the session.
5. Clients are to arrive latest by ten (10) minutes before their scheduled session. We regret that we will not be able to extend your session if you are late for your session.
6. To ensure that the program is effective all packages are based on an attendance commitment of at least once a week. For example Discovery Signature Private 4 sessions is valid for 4 weeks. All the sessions must be completed within the stipulated time. We advise you to plan accordingly as failure to do so will result in the sessions being forfeited.
7. Group classes consist of a minimum of three (3). If you are forming your own group and would like to keep your group exclusive a minimum number of five (5) participants is needed. Otherwise the management reserves the right to add other participants into existing groups.
8. We reserve the right to substitute teachers without any prior notice. We regret that we will not be able to allocate a permanent teacher for your entire program.
9. Clients are entitled to a complimentary session when new clients they introduced buy a package at Discovery. The complimentary session can be used when they have existing package excluding the Private and Duet starter package.
10. A reminder will be sent a day before your appointment. Your session is not confirmed until we hear from you. Please check with us if you do not receive the reminder. If you wish to cancel or rearrange a scheduled session, kindly whatsapp us BEFORE 4PM a day before your scheduled session, failing which, the particular session may be forfeited.
11. Sessions are strictly non-transferable or non-refundable.
1. Please wear exercise clothing that is sufficiently tight-fitting to enable your instructor to see your body alignment. No oversized t-shirt please!
2. For hygiene purposes, socks are compulsory to be worn at all times during classes. Socks are available for sale in the event if you do not have any. We recommend
non-slip and open/closed toes socks as they provide grip and allow individual toes to be visible.
1. Please keep your voice down when you are in the studio.
2. For hygiene purpose, please spray disinfectant on the towel and wipe the equipment after use. We believe that you would appreciate the client before you to have done the same courtesy. Please do not spray on the machine.
Lastly on a lighter note we trust that you’ll enjoy our sessions here where you’ll not only transform physically but also mentally. The policies are in place to ensure clients align with the Discovery’s mission to heal and restore, develop and fulfil potential and for ultimate bliss and well-being.